Friday, April 11, 2008
MSI X48C Platinum
• Supports Intel® Core 2 Extreme/Core 2 Quad/Core 2 Duo based processors in LGA775 package.
• Supports Intel® Yorkfield, Wolfdale in the LGA775 package.
• Supports FSB 1600/1333/1066/800 MHz.
Please refer to CPU Support for compatible CPU; the above description is for reference only.
• Intel® X48 Chipset
- Supports FSB 800/1066/1333/1600MHz.
- Supports dual channel, DDR3 800/1066/1333/1600, DDR2 667/800.
• Intel® ICH9R Chipset
- Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0) controller, 480Mb/sec, up to 12 ports.
- 4 SATAII with 2 eSATA* ports with transfer rate up to 3Gb/s.
- PCI Master v2.3, I/O APIC.
- ACPI 2.0 compliant.
- Serial ATA RAID 0/1/5/10.
- Integrated AHCI controller.
*eSATA function would be fully supported by VISTA ( In Box driver with AHCI driver). eSATA function would not be fully supported without AHCI driver under WinXP.
• Supports Intel XMP
• Supports four unbuffered DIMM of 1.5 Volt DDR3 800/1066/1333/1600 SDRAM, 8GB Max
• Supports two unbuffered DIMM of 1.8 Volt DDR2 667/800 SDRAM, 4GB Max
- DDR2 and DDR3 can not be installed at the same time
- Memory Turbo Card must be installed with either DDR2 or DDR3
• Two mazarine PCI Express x16 slots (PCI Express Bus SPEC V2.0 compliant; supports CrossFire Technology)
• Two PCI Express x1 slots. (support PCI Express Bus specification v1.0a compliant)
• Three 32-bit v2.3 master PCI bus slots.
- Support 3.3v/5v PCI bus interface.
• One Ultra DMA 66/100/133 IDE controller integrated in Marvell® 88SE6111.
- Supports PIO, Bus Master operation modes.
- Can connect up to two Ultra ATA drives.
• SATAII controller integrated in ICH9R chipest
- Up to 3Gb/s transfer speed.
- Supports four SATAII ports and two eSATA ports by ICH9R.
- Supports AHCI controller with SATA RAID 0/1/5/10 by ICH9R.
MSI Reminds You...
• The RAID setup floppy disk is optional depending on the districts. You can download the files from the website to make the setup disk.
• Chip integrated by Realtek® ALC888
- Flexible 8-channel audio with jack sensing
- Compliant with Azalia 1.0 spec.
- Meet Microsoft Vista Premium spec.
• Supports PCI Express LAN 10/100/1000 Fast Ethernet by Realtek 8111B.
• VIA® VT6308P chipset
- Supports up to two 1394 ports. (Rear panel x1, pinheader x1)
- Transfer rate is up to 400Mbps.
Internal I/O Connectors
- ATX 24-Pin power connector
- 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
- CPU / System x 5 FAN connectors
- CD-in connector
- Front panel audio connector
- Front panel connector
- 1 x SPDIF-out pinheader
- 1 x chasis intrusion connector
- 1 x serial port pinheader
- 2 x USB 2.0 connectors
- 1 x Floppy disk drive connector
- 4 x Serial ATAII connectors
- 1 x ATA133 connector
- 1 x IEEE1394 connector support additional 1 port (optional)
- 1 x TPM module connector (optional)
MSI Reminds You...
• The floppy disk cable will be optional.
Back Panel I/O Ports
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard
- 1 x PS/2 mouse
- 2 x eSATA ports (support Command Based Port Multipliers)
- 1 x 6 in 1 audio jack
- 8 x USB 2.0 ports
- 1 x RJ45 LAN jacks
- 1 x IEEE1394 port (optional)
- 1 x Optical SPDIF-out
• The mainboard BIOS provides "Plug & Play" BIOS which detects the peripheral devices and
expansion cards of the board automatically.
• The mainboard provides a Desktop Management Interface(DMI) function which records your
• 30.5cm(L) x 24.5cm(W) ATX Form Factor
• 9 mounting holes.